Guidelines for Use of Member Trademarks
The following guidelines apply to the use of member trademarks:
The following types of Twinity membership are a precondition of using the respective member trademark:
- Twinity Partner: commercial membership
- Twinity Developer: commercial membership and membership of the Twinity Developer program
- Twinity Scout (not available yet): any form of Twinity membership and membership of the Twinity Scout program
- inTwinity: any form of Twinity membership
Download the respective trademark manuals (pdf) for complete detailed instructions on the trademark toolkit page.
- Member trademarks may only be used in the format and size in which they are provided. Colors, size, fonts, wording, and presentation may not be altered in any way.
- Member trademarks may not be changed, adapted, animated, or modified in any way under any circumstances.
- Both naming and positioning must clearly show that Metaversum is not the owner or operator of the site, product, or activity, which carries the trademark and that Metaversum neither endorses nor supports it.
- Member trademarks must appear in a prominent place. They must be clearly visible at all times, irrespective of the material used.
- Member trademarks must be positioned within a free surround of sufficient dimensions.
- Member trademarks must be used in such a way as to comply with the Brand Identity Guidelines.
- It must be absolutely clear that Metaversum is the sole owner of member trademarks.
- Member trademarks must refer to Twinity, or products and services in and for Twinity, and nothing else.
- Only the member trademarks Twinity Partner and Twinity Developer may be used in a commercial context. For example, on merchandising or to advertise your own commercial Twinity products and services.
- Member trademarks may neither be shown in the context of other virtual worlds or online games, nor in the context of tools and services for other virtual worlds or online games.
- No trademark or company that contains one of the member trademarks in its name may be registered.
Member trademarks may not be used as a domain name, subdomain, tagline, meta tag, or AdWord.
- Twinity-Developer@JohnDoe.com (ok)
- JohnDoe@Twinity-Developer.com (not ok)
- Member trademarks may not be used in any context or in such a way as might damage the good reputation of Metaversum or Twinity. Member trademarks may not be used in any illegal context (violent, racist, extremist, erotic, misleading, or of any other illegal nature).
- Member trademarks may not be used in any context, which is prohibited under the terms of the Twinity Terms of Service.
- At the request of Metaversum, specimens of material that contains member trademarks must be made available to Metaversum free of charge.
Metaversum reserves the right to launch legal proceedings against the unlawful use of other Metaversum trademarks, especially the trademarks Metaversum and Twinity and their respective logos, at any time.